Douro River Valley Including Flights - Was £2,999pp
Duration: 7 Days
Destination: Europe River
Tour Provider: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise
Deal Code: PAOB0OO
Enjoy private tastings of Port. Explore Porto’s historic Ribeira district, home to iconic rabelo boats, cutting-edge cuisine and a thriving art scene. Wind your way through the dramatic landscapes of the UNESCO-designated Douro Valley, heading ashore to visit charming quintas and meet the winemakers who operate them. In Salamanca, Spain, you’ll see the city’s famous university. Return to Portugal with a visit to the fortified village of Castelo Rodrigo and historic Guimarães. There’s no better way to discover Europe’s best-kept secret than this scenic and all-inclusive river cruise!
- Flights are included for all 2021 departures. Included flights are from London Heathrow. For alternative departure points and upgrades, please call.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Gala Dinner
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the chic S.S. São Gabriel
- Beautifully appointed riverview staterooms and suites with hotel-style beds, draped in fine linens with a choice of pillows
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 2 countries: Portugal & Spain
- Multiple UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
S.S. São Gabriel is the newest ship on the Douro river. Designed to embody the beautiful Douro River Valley region, this ship will offer more lavishly appointed suites than the Queen Isabel and bring the destination to life through its décor and delectable food and wine. Butler service will be added onboard, giving guests the option to dine at any time they’d like while enjoying the ship.
Dates available in August, October & November
What to Expect on Uniworld
- The Most all Inclusive
- Uniworld provides an unmatched degree of included luxury amenities, so travelers can sit back, relax and enjoy the finer things in life.
One of a Kind Ship
- Each of our floating boutique hotels is designed to reflect the destinations it sails through with luxe decor, custom fabricsand original art.
A Legacy of Service
- With a crew-to-guest ratio of 2.3 to 1 and the most tenured staff on the rivers, no request is too large, no detail is too small.
- Our team of master chefs crafts 5-star, regionally inspired cuisine with ingredients sourced fresh from local farmers along each cruise.
Carefully Curated Experiances
- Onboard and onshore, no stone has been unturned in providing memorable experiences to immerse guests in their destinations.
DAY 1: Porto (Embark)
Arrive in Porto, the port city at the mouth of the Douro.
Note: For Arrival, Departure and Transfer details, please visit Uniworld.com/transfers. For Port Location details, please visit Uniworld.com/ports.
DAY 2: Porto, Entre-os-Rios
Portugal’s second city (after Lisbon), Porto gave its name to the nation’s most famous export, Port wine, and to the nation itself. Today, choose between two distinctively Portuguese ways to explore Porto.
Choice of Porto city tour or “Do as the Locals Do” Porto walking tour
In the evening, a special Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
DAY 3: Entre-os-Rios, Régua, Pinhão
Today is all about wine, which has been cultivated in the Douro River Valley since ancient Roman times. Get a crash course on the history of Port during your visit to the Douro Museum.
Lunch at a local quinta
DAY 4: Pinhão, Pocinho, Vega de Terrón
Head ashore for a choice of excursions, including a tasting at a prestigious Port wine estate or a vineyard hike with a wine tasting at a local quinta. Later, lace up your hiking boots and unleash your inner Indiana Jones with an up-close gander at some prehistoric carvings at an archaeological park.
Archaeological Park of the Côa Valley
Choice of Quinta do Seixo guided tour with tasting or Vineyard hike and wine tasting at a local quinta
DAY 5: Vega de Terrón (Salamanca), Barca d’Alva
Today, you can visit the historic university town of Salamanca—the “Golden City”—famous for its sand-colored buildings and abundance of churches. Feel the centuries fall away as your ship winds its way through the pristine, dramatic UNESCO-protected landscapes of the Douro River Valley.
Salamanca - the Golden City and Spain's oldest university
DAY 6: Barca d’Alva, Régua
Go medieval today at Castelo Rodrigo, both the name of a hilltop castle as well as the village that surrounds it. The view from the top is incredible and the village is a charming place to ramble, relax and replenish.
DAY 7: Régua (Guimarães), Porto
Explore Guimarães, the town where Portugal was born. Its well-preserved architecture and stylish young residents make it a pleasure to visit. Or opt for a leisurely walking tour through Ribeira’s quaint cobbled streets.
Choice of Guimarães city tour or Ribeira walking tour
In the evening, a special Captain’s Farewell Reception and Dinner will be prepared for you.
DAY 8: Porto (Disembark)
If your cruise/tour package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Porto Airport for your flight home.
Terms & Conditions
2021 Freedom to Travel Sale offer is valid for new, individual bookings on select 2021 itineraries and departure dates only. Offer is not applicable to suites. Bookings must be made between 9 July 2021 and 5 August 2021. Offer requires full payment at time of booking. 2021 Freedom to Travel Sale applies to full-fare bookings only. All fares and savings listed are in GBP. Savings featured are for cruise/tour itineraries only, per person based on double occupancy, and do not apply to airfare or other optional vacation add-ons. Although flights for all UK departures are included with 2021 Uniworld bookings made in the UK, due to uncertainty from airlines there is a possibility that you may be required to pay new supplement fees in addition to the price displayed on our website. Rates and savings vary by itinerary and departure date. Offer is not combinable with any other promotional offer, program or price protection credits except River Heritage Club savings/benefits. All applicable discounts are applied sequentially; fixed savings amounts are deducted prior to applying any percentage-based discounts. Offer is capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time. Other restrictions may apply. Offer expires 5 August 2021.