Treasures of France including Normandy, D-Day Beaches, Mont-Saint-Michel & Loire Valley
8 Day France Tour of D-Day Beaches, Mont-Saint-Michel and the Loire Valley
Travel from Paris and the Loire Valley to the D-Day landing beaches on this in-depth France and Normandy tour. Imagine life as a French noble when you dine at a chateau and learn all about the battles that were fought here through the ages.
Book with Confidence
- FREE 3 day booking hold
- FREE cancellation within 30 days*
- FREE booking changes*
- From £100 risk-free deposit*
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- 12 Meals - 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch (Be My Guest), 4 dinners
- All transport shown. VIP private door-to-door UK airport transfers included. *This service is excluded from UK-based trips.
The Trafalgar difference
CONNECT WITH LOCALS
- Walk among the wild hyacinths in the beautiful gardens of the 17th-century Château d'Éporcé, during a Be My Guest lunch. Enjoy home-cooked dishes created by the resident culinary expert, Lydia. (Day 5)
DIVE INTO CULTURE
- Explore the 11th-century Bayeux Tapestry telling the story of Norman conquests and the Battle of Hastings so many centuries ago. (Day 2)
- Explore Mont-Saint-Michel and Châteaux of the Loire with a Local Specialist
- Discover Paris, Bayeux and the Loire Valley
- Visit the town of Rouen, Honfleur, the Bayeux Tapestry, the Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha and Juno, the monastery of Mont-Saint-Michel, the Châteaux of Amboise and Chenonceau and Chartres cathedral
- View the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Day 1 / Bonjour Paris
Bienvenue! The 'City of Lights' welcomes you as you prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey through France. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director this evening for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive to admire the glittering cityscape of Paris - past grand boulevards and iconic sites like the Champs Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe.
Day 2 / Admire Normandy’s Colourful Honfleur and the Bayeux Tapestry
This morning, we depart Paris and venture to the city of Rouen, the tragic site where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake. We travel to the enchanting harbour town of Honfleur - its narrow lanes and colourful shopfronts have long attracted artists who have immortalised its beauty on canvas. Arriving in Bayeux, we visit the Tapestry Museum. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and see the Bayeux Tapestry, depicting events before and during the Battle of Hastings in 1066. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Day 3 / Explore the D-Day Landing Beaches
We begin the day visiting the American Rangers Memorial at Pointe du Hoc. Pay tribute to the brave souls who lost their lives on the D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha, imagining the sense of terror and triumph felt the fateful day that Allied forces set foot on mainland Europe. We stop for lunch in the seaside setting of Arromanches, once at the heart of the Normandy landings, before visiting the D-Day Museum to learn about the artificial harbour used by the Allies. Finish the day on the beaches of Juno, where the Canadian forces came ashore in 1944.
Day 4 / Journey to Picturesque Mont-Saint-Michel
This morning, travel to the fortified island town of Mont-Saint-Michel. Here we'll join a Local Specialist for a tour of Mont-Saint-Michel's medieval Benedictine Abbey. Legend has it, the abbey was built after the Archangel Michael appeared to the Bishop of Avranches inspiring him to build a church atop the island. Consider an Optional Experience to the historic walled port city of Saint-Malo, once home to the famous French explorer Jacques Cartier.
Day 5 / Continue to the Beautiful Loire Valley
Journey through the scenic countryside, stopping to Connect With Locals at a lunch with wine in a 17th-century château during a Be My Guest experience set within beautiful gardens. We journey to the Loire Valley, where we will spend the next two nights.
Day 6 / Discover the Stunning French Châteaux
We spend our day admiring the beautiful châteaux of the Loire Valley and join a Local Specialist for a visit to the Amboise Royal Château. It is here that King François I hosted Leonardo da Vinci, whose tomb now lies in the Chapel of Saint-Hubert adjoining the château. We continue with a visit to Chenonceau, built on the Cher River. The château is often referred to as the 'Ladies Castle', due to the many women who influenced its construction and development. Today it contains priceless collections, including Renaissance furniture, tapestries and masterpieces by Rubens and Tintoretto.
Day 7 / Continue to Chartres and Paris
Our first stop today is the town Chartres and its beautiful Roman Catholic Cathedral, regarded as one of the most authentic and complete works of religious architecture from the early 13thcentury. We journey back to Paris this afternoon and spend the rest of our day in the 'City of Lights' with free time to take in some of the sights. Celebrate with your Travel Director and newfound friends this evening at a Farewell Dinner with local wines at a Parisian bistro.
Day 8 / Farewell Paris
For now it's time to say a fond au revoir to France and your fellow travellers at the end of a memorable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
Terms & Conditions
Prices listed are per person in Great British Pound, based on twin occupancy, rates for single occupancy may differ, Rates offered are including all discounts unless otherwise stated. All bookings are subject to availability. Other travel periods may be available. Some block out dates may apply. Rates may alter depending upon the dates requested and surcharges if applicable. Final booking confirmation only provided once payment has been processed. Contact our travel team for more details. Our Holiday Centre reserves the right to withdraw this promotion without notice at any time. Flights are not included. Pricing correct as at 4th Jan 2022