Embrace adventure on this Iceland journey including the Blue Lagoon
- 5 Nights Accommodation
- 9 Meals - 5 breakfasts, 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- On-Trip Transport All transport shown. VIP private door-to-door UK airport transfers included. *This service is excluded from UK-based trips.
The Trafalgar difference
CONNECT WITH LOCALS
- Join a local storyteller and her famous songwriter husband for insights into their family history and an exclusive Be My Guest dinner. (Day 4)
DIVE INTO CULTURE
- Bathe in the warm healing waters of the geothermal Blue Lagoon. (Day 5)
- Visit Akranes Museum Centre, the 'Golden Circle' (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Hot Spring Area and Thingvellir National Park) and the geothermal Blue Lagoon
- View Harpa Concert Hall, Austurvöllur Square, Hallgrimskirkja Church, Waterfalls at Hraunfoss and Barnafoss, Deildartunguhver Hot Spring, Snæfellsnes Peninsula (Stykkishólmur, Arnarstapi, Snæfelljsökull National Park and Borgarnes), Sellfoss and Reykjanes Peninsula (Strandarkikja and Grindavík)
- See Hvalfjörður (Whale Bay), Grundarfjörður Fishing Village, Lake Kleifarvatn and Krýsuvík
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Day 1 / Welcome to Reykjavik
Your epic journey through lush lava fields and the windswept landscapes of Iceland begins in the quirky capital of Reykjavik. The northernmost capital of the world seems infused with vivid colour, from the bustling byway of Laugavegur to the enthusiasm of the city's friendly locals. Spend time exploring Iceland's Viking heritage, pay tribute to the sun and snap a selfie in front of The Sun Voyager or stroll around the lively Old Harbour before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your love affair with Iceland.
Day 2 / Journey to Reykholt and on to Borganes
Explore the small capital city of Reykjavik on a sightseeing tour with your Travel Director this morning. View all the city's major attractions including the Parliament, the Harpa Concert Hall, and the city's main landmark, the Hallgrímskirkja Church, perched at the top of a hill in the heart of the city. Leave the city behind and travel through the undersea tunnel Hvalfjörðr to Akranes, whose local Museum Centre you visit before enjoying views of the rugged coastline from the town’s lighthouse. View Deildartunguhver, Europe’s highest-flowing hot spring followed by a visit to Reykholt, famously the former 13th-century home of one of Iceland’s most loved authors, Snorri Sturluson. Nature takes centre stage this afternoon, when you view Hraunfoss and nearby Barnafoss, both beautiful waterfalls in their own right and a soul-stirring way to end your day.
Day 3 / A Day to Explore the Snæfellsnes Peninsula
Bundle up warmly as you make your way to the wild, sea swept landscapes of the Snæfellsnes Peninsula this morning. You’ll soon discover why the Peninsula is fondly referred to as 'Iceland in miniature' for encompassing every one of Iceland’s most magnificent natural treasures - volcanoes, lava fields, glaciers, waterfalls and more - in just 90 km. Explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience on a cruise of Breidafjordur Bay. Soak up the sights, sample Viking ‘sushi’ and marvel at the quaint fishing villages and black sand beaches. Keep your eyes peeled for the star of the show, the Snæfellsjökull glacier. The beautifully shaped stratovolcano is known as the location for Jules Verne's novel 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'. Return to your hotel in Borgarnes to enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 4 / Onwards through Thingvellir National Park to Gullfoss, Geysir and Selfoss
Mother Nature's magic touch can be seen around every turn on today's exploration of Iceland's 'Golden Circle'. Visit the 'Golden Waterfall' of Gullfoss, saved at the turn of the last century by the tenacity of a farmer's daughter who threatened to throw herself into its depths if it was developed for hydroelectric power. Then, head to the world-famous hot spring area of Geysir and see Strokkur shoot a spectacular plume of water and steam high into the air. You'll see first-hand how the movements of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates have carved into the Earth's crust, in the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, before stopping at Efstidalur Dairy Farm for a quick ice cream tasting. This evening, Connect With Locals with a local storyteller and her songwriter husband, and delve into their colourful family history, then join them for dinner at an exclusive Be My Guest experience. Continue to Selfoss later, where you'll stay overnight.
Day 5 / Admire Reykjanes and Blue Lagoon and Return to Reykjavik
You can almost feel the Earth simmering under the surface as you journey across Reykjanes Peninsula, a UNESCO Global Geopark. This is the only place in the world where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is visible above sea level. View Strandarkikja and let some of its legendary powers bring you good luck. Then, watch as sulphurous steam emerges from the lunar landscapes surrounding Lake Kleifarvatn. Continue to Grindavík - its long-standing fishing heritage visible in the harbour. Dive Into Culture at the world-famous Blue Lagoon (please remember to pack your swimwear), whose steaming turquoise waters are said to have healing powers. For an extra special treat, rub some of the lagoon's famous silica-mud on your skin and enjoy a sauna with lagoon views. This evening, we reminisce over the myths and legends we've encountered along the way, during a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends and your Travel Director.
Day 6 / Farewell Iceland
For now, it's time to say a fond farewell to Iceland after an unforgettable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
Terms & Conditions
Prices listed are per person in Great British Pound, based on twin occupancy, rates for single occupancy may differ, Rates offered are including all discounts unless otherwise stated. All bookings are subject to availability. Other travel periods may be available. Some block out dates may apply. Rates may alter depending upon the dates requested and surcharges if applicable. Final booking confirmation only provided once payment has been processed. Contact our travel team for more details. Our Holiday Centre reserves the right to withdraw this promotion without notice at any time. Flights are not included. Pricing correct as at 4th Jan 2022